Canberra Eye Laser is committed to providing informed and compassionate patient care at all times. An integral part of providing this standard of care is to ensure patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities. We uphold the principles of the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights.
Privacy, dignity and respect
- Access healthcare relevant to their needs
- Receive safe and high quality care
- Confidentiality of personal and medical information
- Be informed about our facilities, services, treatment options and costs in a clear and open manner
- Comment on their care and have their concerns addressed
- Referral to other services and to seek a second opinion
- Participation in the planning of their care.
- Provide accurate personal information
- Cooperate with the doctors and nursing staff caring for you
- Respect the rights of other patients
- Accept the consequences of your own informed decisions
- Provide health fund details prior to admission or alternatively provide full payment on admission.